The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club is currently seeking new Board Members. We are accepting applicants from enthusiastic and dedicated community members.
The Board of the Lethbridge Hurricanes operates as a Governance Board and operates under the “Guidelines for Corporate Governance of the Lethbridge Hurricanes Approved by the Board”
The Lethbridge Hurricanes are a Canadian major junior hockey team, currently members of the Eastern Conference (Central Division) of the Western Hockey League (WHL).
The Board of Directors is comprised of 15 individuals with a diverse set of disciplines, expertise, and backgrounds. We are looking for individuals with a keen interest in being involved in the community, are willing to make the minimum time commitment and can contribute specific skills and expertise to the organization.
We are looking for skills and expertise in all or some of the following areas:
- Hockey Operations
- Business and Finance Acumen
Directors serve a three year term. There is no limit to the number of consecutive terms that a director can serve.
- Participate in regular strategic planning
- Determine the organization’s mission
- Set the vision for the future
- Establish organizational values
- Set major goals and develop strategies
- Approve operational or annual plans
- Oversee financial management
- Measure progress on strategic plan
- Monitor and evaluate programs and services
- Annual evaluation of the General Manager of Hockey Operations and Manager of Business Operations
- Participate in various fundraising initiatives
- Volunteer at community events
- Be visible at home games
- Directors must be a shareholder of the Hockey Club
- Directors are expected to be season ticket holders
Minimum Time Requirements:
|Item||Length in hours||Frequency|
|Full Board Meetings||3 to 6||Monthly|
|Committee Meetings||1 to 2||Monthly|
|AGM||3 to 5||Annually|
|Orientation||2 to 4||Annually|
|Volunteer Hours||4 to 8||Quarterly|
|Strategic Planning||5 to 8||Annually|
Please send a cover letter and resume to Board@lethbridgehurricanes.com no later than June 19, 2017 at 5:00pm.