GAME DAY: ‘Canes Begin Second Half in Medicine Hat
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin the unofficial second-half of the season tonight as they travel to face the Medicine Hat Tigers at the Canalta Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (15-16-2-0) have been off since December 16th, a 6-2 win in Regina over the Pats. The ‘Canes were led by Taylor Ross who had two goals and two assists in the victory that snapped a four game losing streak. The Hurricanes sit second in the Central Division with 32 points and are 5-4-1-0 in their last ten games.
The Tigers (18-14-2-0) sit first place in the Central Division with 38 points but posted just a 3-5-2-0 record in their final ten games before the Christmas break. Much like the ‘Canes, the Tigers snapped a four game losing streak in their final game before the layoff as they earned a 4-3 shootout victory over the Edmonton Oil Kings on December 16th at the Canalta Centre.
Tonight will be the fourth of seven meetings on the season between the ‘Canes and Tigers as Lethbridge has posted a 2-1-0-0 record in their previous three contests. The home team has won each game in the season series thus far.
Tune in to 106.7 ROCK with Dustin Forbes beginning at 6:45pm with the pre-game show. You can also view the game at Browns Socialhouse, your Home Away From Home!
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (17) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (33) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (48) – Giorgio Estephan
PIMS (53) – Lane Zablocki Plus/Minus (+10) – Ty Prefontaine & Jake Elmer
Wins (13) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (3) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.900) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.36) – Reece Klassen
– Jake Elmer has points in 4 of 5 games (5g-1a); 5 of 8 games (7g-1a); 7 of 12 games (9g-1a)
– Brendan Stafford has points in 2 of 3 games (2a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 7 games (6g-3a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 5 games (1g-4a); 9 of 13 games (3g-17a); 12 of 19 games (4g-20a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 6 of 8 games (3g-13a); 8 of 12 (6g-15a); 13 of 21 games (11g-21a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 5 of 8 games (2g-8a); 11 of 15 games (9g-11a); 25 of 32 (16g-25a)
– Igor Merezhko has points in 5 of 7 games (1g-4a); 6 of 10 games (1g-5a)
– Koletrane Wilson has points in 2 of 6 games (1g-2a); 3 of 8 games (1g-3a); 4 of 11 games (1g-4a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 4 of 8 games (1g-3a); 7 of 13 games (3g-5a); 9 of 18 games (4g-6a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 4 of 8 games (3g-3a) 9 of 15 games (3g-9a); 17 of 25 games (9g-14a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 48 points & tied for 6th in WHL Assists with 33
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 6th in WHL Power Play Goals with 10 & 16th in WHL Power Play Assists with 13
– Calen Addison is tied 3rd in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 37 points & tied 1st in WHL PP Assists with 22
– Calen Addison is 10th in WHL Assists with 30
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 19th in WHL Scoring with 43 points & is tied 22nd in WHL Goals with 17
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 12th in WHL Power Play Goals with 8 & tied 9th in WHL Power Play Assists with 14
– Dylan Cozens is tied 5th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 24 points & tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Goals with 10
– Stuart Skinner is 5th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 1588 & tied 4th in Games Played with 28
– Stuart Skinner is 4th in WHL Shots Faced with 892 & 4th in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 803
– Stuart Skinner is tied 6th in WHL Wins with 13 & tied 2nd in WHL Losses with 13 & 2nd in shutouts with 3
– Ty Prefontaine is 4 games away from 100 career games
– Tate Olson is 7 assists away from 100 career assists
– Giorgio Estephan is 9 games away from 300 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 13 points away from 300 career points
– Ryan Bowen is 7 games away from 150 career games
– Jake Elmer is 3 games away from 100 career games