GAME DAY: Hurricanes Conclude Home Stand Against Wheat Kings
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes wrap up a season-long four game home stand tonight as they welcome the Brandon Wheat Kings to the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (36-17-4-3) are coming off their first regulation loss at home since November 16th after being handed a 3-1 defeat on Wednesday by the Moose Jaw Warriors. The ‘Canes are 17-1-1-1 in their last 20 home games dating back to mid-November. The Hurricanes enter second in the Central Division.
The Wheat Kings (28-23-6-3) enter having dropped their last two games. Brandon kicked off a four game road trip on Wednesday with a 4-3 shootout defeat in Calgary to the Hitmen. The Wheat Kings have posted a sub-pay 3-4-2-1 record in their last 10 games. They enter tonight sitting in the first of two Wild Card positions in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight is the third of four meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Wheat Kings; the teams have split the previous two contests with the home team winning both times. The last meeting was January 31st when the ‘Canes earned a 4-3 shootout win.
Tonight will be the final of the ‘Canes four game home stand before the hit the road for five consecutive starting in Kootenay tomorrow. Tickets for tonight’s game are available online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre or Yates Ticket Centre’s.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (43) – Tyler Wong Assists (44) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (86) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (81) – Zane Franklin Plus/Minus (+17) – Tyler Wong
Wins (29) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.905) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.25) – Stuart Skinner
– Tyler Wong has points in 4 straight games (4g-6a); 9 of 10 games (8g-8a); 29 of 36 games (30g-32a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 3 of 4 games (4a); 7 of 9 games (2g-9a); 31 of 37 games (18g-36a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 3 of 4 games (3g-4a); 5 of 7 games (4g-5a); 19 of 29 games (10g-20a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-2a); 5 of 7 games (1g-4a); 26 of 38 games (19g-20a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 3 of 4 games (4g-4a); 5 of 7 games (6g-5a); 21 of 30 games (18g-22a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 2 of 4 games (2g); 7 of 10 games (5g-5a); 18 of 26 games (12g-16a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 2 of 4 games (2a); 6 of 10 games (2g-7a); 19 of 25 games (5g-23a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-1a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 7 games (1g-2a)
– Brady Pouteau has points in 2 of 4 games (3a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 2nd in WHL Goals with 43 & tied 4th in WHL Scoring with 86 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 3rd in WHL PP Goals with 13 & tied 2nd in WHL Game Winning Goals with 8
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 16th in WHL Goals with 26 & is tied 14th in WHL Scoring with 70 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 5th in WHL Goals with 38 & tied 2nd in WHL Power Play Goals with 14
– Brennan Menell is tied 5th in WHL PP Assists with 22 & 5th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 53 points
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 25 points (2nd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 25 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 2nd in Games Played (51); 3rd in WHL Wins with 29 & tied 6th in WHL Losses with 15
– Stuart Skinner is 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (2884) & is 2nd in WHL Shots (1646) & 2nd Saves (1490)
– Kyle Yewchuk has 10 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 7 goals away from 100 career goals
– Giorgio Estephan is 4 games away from 250 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 15 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 9 assists away from 100 career assists
– Matt Alfaro is 4 points away from 150 career points
– Tanner Nagel is 2 games away from 100 career games
– Zak Zborosky is 4 goals away from 100 career goals
– Zak Zboosky is 3 points away from 200 career points