Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes continue their season long four game home stand tonight as they welcome the Moose Jaw Warriors to the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (36-16-4-3) have been idle since a 6-2 victory over the Saskatoon Blades on Saturday at home. The ‘Canes were led by their overage line of Tyler Wong, Matt Alfaro and Zak Zborosky who combined for all six goals and 13 points in the victory. The Hurricanes enter play tonight having posted a 17-0-1-1 record in their last 19 home games dating back to November. The ‘Canes currently sit six points back of the Medicine Hat Tigers for top spot in the Central Division.
The Warriors (35-17-7-1) are coming off a convincing 6-3 victory over the Tigers last night in Medicine Hat. Moose Jaw’s Captain Brett Howden led the way scoring a hat-trick and adding an assist in the victory. The Warriors have been without both Brayden Burke and Noah Gregor for the last few weeks and neither played last night. Moose Jaw currently sits second in the East Division.
Tonight will be the final of the four game regular season series, the ‘Canes are 1-2-0-0 against the Warriors but the home team has won all three match ups. Lethbridge earned a 3-0 victory over Moose Jaw in their last meeting on February 4th at the ENMAX Centre.
The first 1,000 fans through the doors tonight will receive Lethbridge Herald Hurricanes Hockey Cards. Tickets are available for tonight’s game online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre or Yates Ticket Centre’s.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (43) – Tyler Wong Assists (44) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (85) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (80) – Igor Merezhko Plus/Minus (+18) – Tyler Wong
Wins (29) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.906) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.25) – Stuart Skinner
– Tyler Wong has points in 3 straight games (4g-5a); 8 of 9 games (8g-7a); 28 of 35 games (30g-31a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 3 straight games (4a); 7 of 8 games (2g-9a); 31 of 36 games (18g-36a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 3 straight games (3g-4a); 5 of 6 games (4g-5a); 19 of 28 games (10g-20a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 2 of 3 games (2a); 4 of 6 games (4a); 25 of 27 games (18g-20a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 3 straight games (4g-4a); 5 of 6 games (6g-5a); 21 of 29 games (18g-22a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 2 of 3 games (2g); 7 of 9 games (5g-5a); 18 of 25 games (12g-16a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 2 of 3 games (2a); 6 of 9 games (2g-7a); 19 of 24 games (5g-23a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 6 games (1g-2a)
– Brady Pouteau has points in 2 of 3 games (3a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 2nd in WHL Goals with 43 & tied 4th in WHL Scoring with 85 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 3rd in WHL PP Goals with 13 & tied 2nd in WHL Game Winning Goals with 8
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 16th in WHL Goals with 26 & is tied 13th in WHL Scoring with 70 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 5th in WHL Goals with 38 & tied 2nd in WHL Power Play Goals with 14
– Brennan Menell is tied 5th in WHL PP Assists with 22 & 5th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 53 points
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 25 points (2nd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 25 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 2nd in Games Played (50); 3rd in WHL Wins with 29 & tied 5th in WHL Losses with 14
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (2827) & is 3rd in WHL Shots (1625) & 2nd Saves (1472)
– Kyle Yewchuk has 11 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 7 goals away from 100 career goals
– Giorgio Estephan is 5 games away from 250 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 16 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 9 assists away from 100 career assists
– Matt Alfaro is 4 points away from 150 career points
– Tanner Nagel is 3 games away from 100 career games
– Zak Zborosky is 4 goals away from 100 career goals
– Zak Zboosky is 3 points away from 200 career points