GAME DAY: Hurricanes End Regular Season in Medicine Hat Tonight
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes end the regular season tonight in Medicine Hat against the Tigers at the Canalta Centre in hopes of snapping an eight-game losing streak.
The Hurricanes (32-33-6-0) are coming off their eighth straight defeat last night to the hands of the Tigers at the ENMAX Centre in the final home game of the regular season. Calen Addison scored his 11th goal of the season while Jordy Bellerive snapped a seven-game goalless drought. Despite the loss, the Hurricanes secured home-ice advantage in the first round of the post-season.
The Tigers (36-27-8-0) snapped a two-game losing streak of their own last night with the 4-2 triumph in Lethbridge, despite not having Linus Nassen, Dylan MacPherson or Mark Rassell in the line-up. Josh Williams, Bryan Lockner, Ryan Chyzowski and Tyler Preziuso scored in the victory. Medicine Hat will face the Brandon Wheat Kings in the opening round of the playoffs.
Tonight is the final regular season game for both teams ahead of the playoffs which are scheduled to start next Friday. The Hurricanes have posted a 3-3-0-0 record in the prior six meetings against the Tigers.
The game can be heard on 106.7 ROCK or watched at Browns Socialhouse.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (45) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (54) – Calen Addison
Points (91) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (103) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+19) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (37) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.908) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.16) – Logan Flodell
– Brad Morrison has points in 5 of 6 games (2g-4a); 7 of 10 games (4g-5a); 25 of 32 games (17g-25a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-2a); 9 of 15 games (3g-10a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 3 straight games (1g-2a); 7 of 12 games (2g-6a); 18 of 34 games (7g-16a)
– Calen Addison has points in 2 straight games (1g-2a); 5 of 6 games (3g-3a); 32 of 53 games (8g-44a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 3 of 5 games (1g-2a); 6 of 10 games (4g-3a); 34 of 52 games (21g-29a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 10 games (5g-1a); 9 of 15 games (7g-5a); 23 of 38 games (18g-17a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 7 of 14 games (1g-6a); 9 of 21 games (2g-7a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 5 of 11 games (3g-5a); 11 of 18 games (8g-11a); 53 of 69 (43g-45a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-1a); 5 of 14 games (1g-4a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 5 games (4a); 4 of 8 games (5a); 7 of 16 (1g-9a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 13th in WHL Scoring with 91 points & is tied 8th in WHL Goals with 45
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 7th in WHL Power Play Goals with 16 & tied 17th in WHL Power Play Assists with 23
– Calen Addison is tied 9th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 65 points & tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 35
– Calen Addison is 18th in WHL Assists with 54
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 52 points & 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 22
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Games Played with 60 & 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 3414
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Shots Faced with 1964 & 2nd in WHL Saves with 1785
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Wins with 37 & 6th in Shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 2 points away from 100 career points
– Igor Merezhko is 2 games away from 200 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 17 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jordy Bellerive is 17 points away from 200 career points
– Keltie Jeri-Leon is 1 games away from 100 career games