Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a three-in-three weekend tonight as they welcome the Brandon Wheat Kings at the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (11-12-1-0) have won four straight games after earning a come-from-behind 4-3 shootout victory on Tuesday over the Portland Winterhawks. Jordy Bellerive scored twice while Zane Franklin added one and the shootout winner in the win. The ‘Canes snapped a four-game home losing streak with the victory. Hurricanes, who sit third in the Central Division, are 7-5-1-0 on home ice this season.
The Wheat Kings (17-7-0-1) have won three straight games going into play tonight. Brandon is coming off a 3-1 win over the Edmonton Oil Kings on Wednesday night. The Wheat Kings have been led this season by forward Ty Lewis who leads the team with 45 points (13g-32a). Brandon has posted a 7-5-0-0 record on the road this season and sit third in the East Division.
Tonight is the first of four head-to-head meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Wheat Kings. Last year, the ‘Canes posted a 3-1-0-0 record against Brandon winning each of the final three games by a single goal.
Tonight is also Davis GMC Buick Night at the ENMAX Centre while tomorrow is the 22nd Annual Canadian Tire Teddy and Toque Toss; purchase your tickets for both games by taking advantage of the 2 for $32 deal by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (15) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (21) – Giorgio Estephan & Calen Addison
Points (33) – Giorgio Estephan & Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (32) – Igor Merezhko Plus/Minus (+7) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (10) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.900) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.48) – Stuart Skinner
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 6 straight games (7g-4a); 17 of 18 games (14g-15a); 20 of 23 (14g-18a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 3 of 4 games (5g-3a); 7 of 10 games (6g-6a); 12 of 16 games (11g-7a)
– Josh Tarzwell has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-4a); 7 of 12 games (3g-6a)
– Calen Addison has points in 4 straight games (1g-7a); 7 of 10 games (2g-10a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 2 of 3 games (2g); 3 of 6 games (3a); 6 of 11 games (5g-1a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-2a); 4 of 6 games (2g-3a); 5 of 9 games (3g-3a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 5 of 7 games (6a); 10 of 13 games (4g-9a); 13 of 17 games (6g-11a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 2 of 4 games (3g-2a); 3 of 6 games (5g-4a); 7 of 12 games (8g-8a)
– Ryan Bowen has points in 2 of 4 games (4a)
– Tanner Nagel has points in 3 of 5 games (2g-1a); 4 of 7 games (2g-2a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 23rd in WHL Scoring with 33 points & tied for 19th in WHL Assists with 21
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 5th in WHL Power Play Goals with 8 & tied 25th in WHL Power Play Assists with 9
– Calen Addison is tied 6th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 26 points & tied 4th in WHL PP Assists with 14
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 23rd in WHL Scoring with 33 points & is tied 18th in WHL Goals with 15
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 9th in WHL Power Play Goals with 7 & tied 14th in WHL Power Play Assists with 10
– Ryan Vandervlis is tied for 4th in WHL Game Winning Goals with 4
– Dylan Cozens is tied 5th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 18 points & tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Goals with 7
– Stuart Skinner is 7th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 1189 & tied 6th in Games Played with 21
– Stuart Skinner is 4th in WHL Shots Faced with 690 & 4th in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 621
– Stuart Skinner is tied 7th in WHL Wins with 10 & tied 4th in WHL Losses with 10
– Calen Addison is 9 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 18 games away from 300 career games
– Jake Elmer is 12 games away from 100 career games
– Jadon Joseph is 16 games away from 100 career games
– Zane Franklin is 7 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 16 wins away from 100 career victories
– Brent Kisio is 1 win away from 100 career victories