GAME DAY: Hurricanes Face Rebels in First Round Preview
Red Deer, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes look to bounce back and snap a six game losing streak tonight in Red Deer against the Rebels at the ENMAX Centrium in a preview of a first round playoff match-up.
The Hurricanes (32-31-6-0) suffered their sixth straight defeat last night falling 5-1 in Edmonton against the Oil Kings. Jadon Joseph scored the lone goal in the losing cause for the Hurricanes. The ‘Canes enter tonight’s game on a four-game road losing streak and sit just one point away from clinching home-ice advantage in their first round series against the Rebels.
The Rebels (26-30-10-3) have won back-to-back games, including a 4-1 win over the Hurricanes on Friday night in Lethbridge. Red Deer is coming off a 5-2 win on Saturday at home against the Medicine Hat Tigers. Brandon Hagel scored three times while Kristian Reichel scored the other two goals. Red Deer has posted an 8-1-1-0 record in their last ten home games.
Tonight will be the final regular season meeting on the season between the Hurricanes and Rebels; the ‘Canes have posted a 4-1-0-0 record against Red Deer this season and are 16-2-1-0 in their last 19 regular season meetings dating back to February of 2015.
Tonight’s game can be heard on 106.7 ROCK or watched at Browns Socialhouse in Lethbridge.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (44) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (52) – Calen Addison
Points (90) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (103) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+22) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (37) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.908) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.17) – Logan Flodell
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-1a); 5 of 8 games (2g-6a); 30 of 51 games (7g-42a)
– Brad Morrison has points in 4 straight games (2g-3a); 6 of 8 games (4g-4a); 24 of 30 games (17g-24a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-1a); 5 of 9 games (4g-2a); 33 of 51 games (21g-28a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 9 games (5g-1a); 9 of 14 games (7g-5a); 23 of 37 games (18g-17a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 7 of 12 games (1g-6a); 9 of 19 games (2g-7a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 5 of 10 games (2g-4a); 8 of 16 games (3g-7a); 16 of 32 games (7g-14a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 9 games (2g-5a); 10 of 16 games (7g-11a); 52 of 67 (42g-45a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 5 games (4a); 4 of 8 games (5a); 7 of 16 (1g-9a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 2 straight games (2a); 7 of 12 games (9a); 8 of 14 games (1g-9a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 13th in WHL Scoring with 90 points & is tied 8th in WHL Goals with 44
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 6th in WHL Power Play Goals with 16 & tied 17th in WHL Power Play Assists with 23
– Calen Addison is tied 10th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 62 points & tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 34
– Calen Addison is 22nd in WHL Assists with 52
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 51 points & 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 22
– Logan Flodell is 2nd in WHL Games Played with 59 & 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 3354
– Logan Flodell is 2nd in WHL Shots Faced with 1927 & 2nd in WHL Saves with 1750
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Wins with 37 & 6th in Shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 5 points away from 100 career points
– Igor Merezhko is 4 games away from 200 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 18 points away from 200 career points
– Keltie Jeri-Leon is 2 games away from 100 career games
– Owen Blocker is 1 games away from 100 career games