Saskatoon, SK – The Lethbridge Hurricanes continue their East Division road trip as they look to stay perfect against the Prince Albert Raiders at 6:00pm Mountain Time.
The Hurricanes (40-17-4-3) are coming off a 3-2 overtime victory on Wednesday in Brandon over the Wheat Kings. Giorgio Estephan scored the overtime winning goal in his 250th WHL game while Alec Baer and Ryan Vandervlis added the others. The Hurricanes enter play tonight having posted a 9-1-1-0 record in their last 11 road games. The ‘Canes sit second in the Central Division just four points back of the Medicine Hat Tigers.
The Raiders (17-40-5-2) were handed a 6-5 overtime defeat on Wednesday to the hands of the Tigers. Prince Albert led the game 4-2 and 5-3 only to see Medicine Hat erase the two goal deficit eventually winning it in extra time. Cavin Leth scored twice in the game while Curtis Miske potted a three point night. The Raiders currently sit second last in the Western Hockey League with 41 points.
Tonight will be the final of four meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Raiders; Lethbridge has posted a 3-0-0-0 record against Prince Albert outscoring them 14-7.
Tune in to 106.7 ROCK starting with the pre-game show at 5:45pm with Dustin Forbes.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (47) – Tyler Wong Assists (50) – Brennan Menell
Points (94) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (85) – Zane Franklin Plus/Minus (+23) – Tyler Wong
Wins (32) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.907) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.17) – Stuart Skinner
– Tyler Wong has points in 8 straight games (8g-10a); 13 of 14 games (12g-11a); 33 of 40 games (34g-36a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 4 straight games (2g-2a); 11 of 13 games (4g-11a); 35 of 41 (20g-38a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 4 straight games (8a); 10 of 14 games (2g-15a); 23 of 29 games (5g-31a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 2 straight games (1g-1a); 4 of 7 games (2g-2a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 3 of 4 games (5g); 6 of 8 games (8g-4a); 22 of 33 games (15g-20a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 8 games (2g-2a); 6 of 11 games (2g-4a); 27 of 42 games (20g-20a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 5 of 8 games (5g-7a); 7 of 11 games (7g-8a); 23 of 34 games (19g-25a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 2 of 8 games (2g); 7 of 14 games (5g-5a); 18 of 30 games (12g-16a)
– Brady Pouteau has points in 3 of 8 games (4a)
– Brennan Riddle has points in 3 of 7 games (3a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 1st in WHL Goals with 47 & tied 3rd in WHL Scoring with 94 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 2nd in WHL PP Goals with 15 & tied 1st in WHL Game Winning Goals with 10
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 15th in WHL Goals with 28 & is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 74 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 5th in WHL Goals with 39 & tied 3rd in WHL Power Play Goals with 14
– Brennan Menell is tied 6th in WHL PP Assists with 24 & 3rd in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 59 points
– Calen Addison is tied 10th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 27 points (2nd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 27 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 2nd in Games Played (54); 2nd in WHL Wins with 32 & tied 8th in WHL Losses with 15
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (3065) & is 2nd in WHL Shots (1751) & 2nd Saves (1589)
– Tyler Wong is 6 assists away from 150 career assists
– Kyle Yewchuk has 9 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 5 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jordy Bellerive is 14 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 9 assists away from 100 career assists
– Zak Zborosky is 3 goals away from 100 career goals
– Stuart Skinner is 5 games away from 150 career games