GAME DAY: Hurricanes Host Former ‘Canes, Broncos
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a two game homestand tonight as they welcome the Swift Current Broncos at the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (23-21-6-0) are coming off their first overtime victory of the season last Sunday earning a 2-1 win in Red Deer over the Rebels. Jordy Bellerive scored both the game-tying and game-winning goal in the victory while Logan Flodell made 22 saves in the win. The ‘Canes enter play tonight 6-2-3-0 in their last 11 games.
The Broncos (36-12-3-1) enter after shutting out the Prince George Cougars on Tuesday in Speedy Creek. Swift Current enters sitting second place in the entire Western Hockey League, which puts them second place in the East Division. The Broncos are 7-2-0-1 in their last ten games.
Tonight will be the final meeting of the season between the Hurricanes and Broncos. It will also be the return of Tanner Nagel, Giorgio Estephan and Stuart Skinner to the ENMAX Centre since the January 9th blockbuster trade that saw Logan Barlage, Owen Blocker, Matthew Stanley and Logan Flodell moved to the Hurricanes.
Tickets for tonight’s game are going quickly, but can be purchased online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (33) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (40) – Calen Addison
Points (68) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (65) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+15) – Igor Merezhko & Ty Prefontaine
Wins (30) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.910) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.09) – Logan Flodell
– Dylan Cozens has points in 6 straight games (5g-8a); 8 of 11 games (6g-9a); 25 of 37 games (15g-23a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 straight games (4g-1a); 7 of 8 games (8g-3a); 39 of 48 (32g-34a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 3 straight games (2g-2a); 6 of 8 games (3g-5a); 8 of 14 games (4g-6a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 3 straight games (4a); 5 of 8 games (2g-6a); 13 of 26 games (6g-12a)+
– Brad Morrison has points in 7 of 8 games (3g-9a); 10 of 12 games (7g-12a)
– Keltie Jeri-Leon has points in 4 of 6 games (3g-3a); 5 of 9 games (4g-3a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 4 of 6 games (2g-3a)
– Owen Blocker has points in 2 of 5 games (1g-1a); 3 of 8 games (1g-2a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 7 games (1g-4a); 5 of 14 games (1g-4a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 6 games (4g-4a); 8 of 13 games (7g-8a); 12 of 19 games (11g-10a)
– Igor Merezhko has points in 2 of 5 games (1g-4a); 4 of 10 games (1g-6a)
– Calen Addison has points in 8 of 16 games (12a); 10 of 20 games (1g-14a); 19 of 34 games (4g-30a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 68 points & is tied 9th in WHL Goals with 33
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 8th in WHL Power Play Goals with 12 & tied 14th in WHL Power Play Assists with 18
– Calen Addison is tied 9th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 47 points & tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 26
– Calen Addison is 17th in WHL Assists with 40
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 39 points & tied 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 16
– Logan Flodell is 3rd in WHL Games Played with 44 & 1st in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 2544
– Logan Flodell is 2nd in WHL Shots Faced with 1450 & 2nd in WHL Saves with 1319
– Logan Flodell is tied 1st in WHL Wins with 30 & 3rd in Shutouts with 3
– Tate Olson is 1 assist away from 100 career assists
– Tate Olson is 9 games away from 300 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 12 assists away from 100 career assists
– Jordy Bellerive is 16 games away from 100 games
– Jadon Joseph is 1 game away from 100 career games
– Owen Blocker is 18 games away from 100 career games