GAME DAY: Hurricanes Host Hitmen in Rematch
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes kick off a three game home stand tonight on Fan Appreciation Night as they welcome the Calgary Hitmen in the back-half of a home-and-home set at the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm.
The Hurricanes (43-18-4-3) had their seven game winning streak snapped last night as they dropped a 4-3 decision in Calgary to the Hitmen. Giorgio Estephan scored twice in the game while Tanner Nagel added the other. The loss was just the third regulation loss for the ‘Canes in their last 28 games. The Hurricanes are now four points back of the Medicine Hat Tigers for the Central Division lead.
The Hitmen (26-31-8-2) picked up a valuable two points last night with the win over the Hurricanes. Calgary was led by their top three forwards as Matteo Gennaro, Beck Malenstyn and Jakob Stukel all scored in the game while Jaydan Gordon netted the game winning goal. Calgary enters the rematch one point back of the Saskatoon Blades for the final Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight will be the final of six meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Hitmen. Lethbridge is 3-1-1-0 against Calgary this season.
Tickets are available, but going quickly. Buy your tickets online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre or Yates Ticket Centre’s.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (49) – Tyler Wong Assists (56) – Brennan Menell
Points (104) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (94) – Zane Franklin Plus/Minus (+28) – Tyler Wong
Wins (33) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.906) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.20) – Stuart Skinner
– Tyler Wong has points in 12 straight games (10g-18a); 17 of 18 games (14g-19a); 37 of 44 (36g-44a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 2 straight games (2g); 9 of 13 games (7g-7a); 25 of 36 games (21g-25a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 2 straight games (2a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 3 of 4 games (3a); 4 of 6 games (1g-3a); 30 of 46 games (20g-23a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-2a); 5 of 12 games (4g-2a); 21 of 34 games (14g-18a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 7 of 8 games (6g-6a); 14 of 17 games (8g-15a); 38 of 46 (23g-42a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 7 of 8 games (1g-14a); 13 of 18 games (3g-21a); 25 of 33 (6g-37a)
– Alec Baer has points in 2 of 5 games (1g-3a); 3 of 8 games (1g-4a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 4 of 6 games (7g-1a); 7 of 10 games (10g-5a); 23 of 35 games (17g-21a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 1st in WHL Goals with 49 & tied 3rd in WHL Scoring with 104 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 3rd in WHL PP Goals with 15 & tied 2nd in WHL Game Winning Goals with 10
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 12th in WHL Goals with 32 & is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 82 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 4th in WHL Goals with 41 & tied 2nd in WHL Power Play Goals with 16
– Brennan Menell is tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 27 & 3rd in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 68 points
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 28 points (2nd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 28 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 3rd in Games Played (56); 3rd in WHL Wins with 33 & tied 7th in WHL Losses with 16
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (3185) & is 3rd in WHL Shots (1807) & 2nd Saves (1637)
– Tyler Wong is 7 points away from 300 career points
– Kyle Yewchuk has 8 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 2 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jordy Bellerive is 11 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 8 assists away from 100 career assists
– Zak Zborosky is 1 goal away from 100 career goals
– Brennan Menell is 8 points away from 150 career points
– Stuart Skinner is 3 games away from 150 career games