GAME DAY: Hurricanes Host Ice on Awards Night
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes continue their final home stand of the regular season tonight at 7:00pm as they welcome the Kootenay Ice to the ENMAX Centre on Awards Night!
The Hurricanes (43-19-4-3) are coming off back-to-back regulation losses on the weekend to the Calgary Hitmen. The ‘Canes dropped a 4-3 decision on Friday in Calgary before being handed a 5-2 setback on Saturday in Lethbridge. It’s the first time since the beginning of January that the ‘Canes have lost two straight games in regulation. The Hurricanes sit, and will finish, second in the Central Division.
The Ice (14-43-10-2) are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss last night in Cranbrook to the Edmonton Oil Kings. Former Hurricane Brett Davis scored in the losing cause for Kootenay while Jake Elmer added the other. Kootenay has lost seven straight games heading into play tonight and have one win in their last ten outings. The currently sit last in the WHL with 40 points.
Tonight is the final of seven meetings between the Hurricanes and the Ice – Lethbridge has posted a 4-2-0-0 record against Kootenay this season and have won three straight head-to-head meetings.
Tonight is also the annual Awards Night as the Hurricanes will hold their pre-game Awards Ceremony prior to the game; it is recommended that fans be in their seats well in advance to 7:00pm. Tickets for tonight’s game are available online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre or Yates Ticket Centre’s.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (49) – Tyler Wong Assists (56) – Brennan Menell & Tyler Wong
Points (105) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (94) – Zane Franklin Plus/Minus (+28) – Tyler Wong
Wins (33) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (2) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.905) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.22) – Stuart Skinner
– Tyler Wong has points in 13 straight games (10g-19a); 18 of 19 games (14g-20a); 38 of 45 (36g-44a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 2 straight games (2g); 9 of 13 games (7g-7a); 25 of 36 games (21g-25a)
– Calen Addison has points in 2 straight games (1g-2a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 2 of 3 games (2a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 5 games (1g-3a); 5 of 7 games (2g-3a); 31 of 47 games (21g-23a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 3 of 5 games (2g-2a); 5 of 13 games (4g-2a); 21 of 35 games (14g-18a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 7 of 9 games (6g-6a); 14 of 18 games (8g-15a); 38 of 47 (23g-42a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 7 of 9 games (1g-14a); 13 of 19 games (3g-21a); 25 of 34 (6g-37a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 4 of 6 games (7g-1a); 7 of 10 games (10g-5a); 23 of 35 games (17g-21a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 3rd in WHL Goals with 49 & tied 3rd in WHL Scoring with 105 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 4th in WHL PP Goals with 15 & tied 2nd in WHL Game Winning Goals with 10
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 13th in WHL Goals with 32 & is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 82 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 6th in WHL Goals with 41 & tied 3rd in WHL Power Play Goals with 16
– Brennan Menell is tied 4th in WHL PP Assists with 27 & 3rd in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 68 points
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 30 points (2nd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 30 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 3rd in Games Played (57); 3rd in WHL Wins with 33 & tied 7th in WHL Losses with 17
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (3244) & is 4th in WHL Shots (1833) & 2nd Saves (1659)
– Tyler Wong is 6 points away from 300 career points
– Kyle Yewchuk has 8 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 2 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jordy Bellerive is 10 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 8 assists away from 100 career assists
– Zak Zborosky is 1 goal away from 100 career goals
– Brennan Menell is 8 points away from 150 career points
– Stuart Skinner is 2 games away from 150 career games