Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes return home to face the Moose Jaw Warriors tonight at 7:00pm at the ENMAX Centre.
The Hurricanes (30-15-4-3) are coming off their 30th victory of the season and their sixth straight win after earning a come-from-behind 3-2 overtime win in Red Deer Wednesday over the Rebels. The Hurricanes have collected at least in a single point in 12 straight games posting a 10-0-1-1 record in that span. The ‘Canes currently sit second in the Central Division.
The Warriors (31-14-6-1) enter having earned a 6-2 victory last night in Cranbrook over the Kootenay Ice. The win for Moose Jaw snapped a two game losing streak. The Warriors have been rather pedestrian over their last ten games posting a 6-4-0-0 record but they still remain second in the East Division.
Tonight will be the third of four meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Warriors, Moose Jaw took the prior to meetings at Mosaic Place.
The Hurricanes will be holding a special pre-game ceremony prior to the game tonight honouring members of the 1996-1997 Championship team as they will be presented with Championship rings prior to the game. As well, the Hurricanes will be wearing special throwback 1997 jerseys during the game.
Tickets for tonight’s game are still available but going quickly. They can be purchased online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre or Yates Ticket Centre’s.
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (37) – Tyler Wong Assists (36) – Brennan Menell
Points (72) – Tyler Wong
PIMS (69) – Igor Merezhko Plus/Minus (+16) – Tyler Wong
Wins (25) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (1) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.904) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.30) – Stuart Skinner
– Igor Merezhko has points in 3 straight games (3a); 5 of 7 games (5a); 13 of 19 games (2g-13a)
– Egor Babenko has points in 2 straight games (1g-1a); 5 of 7 games (3g-4a); 13 of 18 games (8g-12a)
– Brennan Menell has points in 2 straight games (3a); 11 of 12 games (3g-14a); 15 of 17 games (3g-20a)
– Tyler Wong has points in 2 straight games (2g); 4 of 5 games (4g-2a); 22 of 28 games (24g-24a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 2 of 3 games (2g-2a); 10 of 12 games (5g-13a); 25 of 30 games (18g-28a)
– Alec Baer has points in 5 of 8 games (4g-3a); 6 of 9 games (6g-3a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 2 of 3 games (2g-1a); 10 of 16 games (10g-5a); 21 of 30 games (18g-16a)
– Matt Alfaro has points in 4 of 6 games (2g-3a); 10 of 14 games (5g-7a); 15 of 21 games (6g-16a)
– Ryan Bowen has points in 6 of 8 games (1g-6a); 9 of 12 games (2g-9a)
– Zak Zborosky has points in 7 of 8 games (3g-8a) 11 of 15 games (9g-11a); 16 of 22 games (12g-17a)
2016-2017 REGULAR SEASON LEAGUE LEADERS:
– Tyler Wong is tied 2nd in WHL Goals with 37 & tied 6th in WHL Scoring with 72 points
– Tyler Wong is tied 3rd in WHL PP Goals with 12 & tied 3rd in WHL Game Winning Goals with 6
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 12th in WHL Goals with 26 & is tied 12th in WHL Scoring with 62 points
– Zak Zborosky is tied 6th in WHL Goals with 32 & tied 4th in WHL Power Play Goals with 11
– Brennan Menell is tied 5th in WHL PP Assists with 20 & 4th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 47 points
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 22 points (3rd among Rookie Defenseman Scoring)
– Calen Addison is tied 1st among 2000-born scorers in the WHL with 22 points
– Stuart Skinner is tied 2nd in Games Played (45); 5th in WHL Wins with 25 & tied 8th in WHL Losses with 13
– Stuart Skinner is 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goalie (2530) & is 2nd in WHL Shots (1454) & 2nd Saves (1315)
– Tyler Wong is 3 games away from 300 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 8 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jordy Bellerive is 20 points away from 100 career points
– Matt Alfaro is 2 games away from 250 career games
– Matt Alfaro is 14 assists away from 100 career assists
– Tanner Nagel is 10 games away from 100 career games
– Zak Zborosky is 3 games away from 250 career games
– Zak Zborosky is 10 goals away from 100 career goals
– Zak Zborosky is 4 assists away from 100 career assists
– Stuart Skinner is 4 games away from becoming to ‘Canes All-Time leader in Games Played by a Goalie