GAME DAY: Hurricanes Host Yamamoto and Chiefs
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes kick off a two-game weekend tonight at 7:00pm as they welcome the Spokane Chiefs at the ENMAX Centre.
The Hurricanes (7-8-1-0) enter on a four game losing streak after being handed back-to-back 6-3 losses last weekend to the Calgary Hitmen. Calen Addison, Zane Franklin and Koletrane Wilson scored the goals in the ‘Canes last game on Saturday. The Hurricanes are 6-4-1-0 on home ice this season having dropped the last three. Tonight will be the final home game for the ‘Canes before six straight away from home.
The Chiefs (8-7-1-0) also enter on a four game losing streak after suffering a 3-2 shootout loss last Saturday to the Tri-City Americans. Spokane, who sits fourth in the US Division, received forward Kailer Yamamoto back from the Edmonton Oilers and he is expected to play tonight. The Chiefs are 5-3-1-0 on the road this season.
Tonight will be the only meeting of the season between the ‘Canes and Chiefs; Lethbridge has won each of the last two head-to-head match-ups including a 4-0 win on January 20th, 2016 when Spokane last visited the ENMAX Centre.
Tickets for tonight’s game are available online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (8) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (15) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (21) – Giorgio Estephan & Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (23) – Tanner Nagel Plus/Minus (+3) – Ty Prefontaine & Egor Zudilov
Wins (7) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (1) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.904) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.31) – Stuart Skinner
– Jordy Bellerive has points 10 straight games (7g-10a); 12 of 13 games (8g-12a); 13 of 15 games (8g-13a)
– Calen Addison has points in 2 straight games (1g-1a); 11 of 14 games (4g-11a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 2 straight games (2a); 7 of 8 games (5g-3a); 8 of 10 games (5g-4a)
– Josh Tarzwell has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-1a); 4 of 7 games (2g-2a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a); 3 of 5 games (1g-3a)
– Egor Zudilov has points in 3 of 5 games (2g-3a); 4 of 7 games (3g-3a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 3 of 5 games (2g-3a); 10 of 14 games (5g-14a); 11 of 16 games (6g-15a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 5 games (4a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 6 of 7 games (4g-4a); 9 of 11 games (6g-6a); 10 of 13 games (7g-6a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 6 of 9 games (6g-2a); 8 of 12 games (6g-4a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 27th in WHL Scoring with 21 points & tied for 15th in WHL Assists with 15
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 18th in WHL Power Play Assists with 7
– Calen Addison tied 7th in WHL Power Play Assists with 8
– Calen Addison is tied 8th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 16 points
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 37th om WHL Scoring with 21 points & is tied 37th in WHL Goals with 8
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 14th in WHL Power Play Goals with 4 & tied 35th in WHL Power Play Assists with 5
– Dylan Cozens is tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 13 points & 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 7
– Dylan Cozens is tied 44th in WHL Goals with 7
– Stuart Skinner is 4th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 834 & tied 2nd in Games Played with 15
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 433 & 3rd in WHL Shots Faced with 479
– Stuart Skinner is tied 7th in WHL Wins with 7 & tied 2nd in WHL Losses with 7
– Brennan Riddle is 7 games away from 200 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 26 games away from 300 career games
– Igor Merezhko is 6 games away from 150 career games
– Zane Franklin is 15 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 19 wins away from 100 career victories
– Brent Kisio is 5 wins away from 100 career victories