Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a stretch of six straight road games tonight as they travel to Swift Current to face the Broncos at 6:00pm Mountain Time.
The Hurricanes (7-9-1-0) are riding a five game losing streak entering the game tonight after a 6-3 loss last night at home against the Spokane Chiefs. Jake Elmer, Giorgio Estephan and Ryan Vandervlis scored the goals in the losing cause. The ‘Canes were 1/8 on the power play and 2/3 on the penalty kill. The ‘Canes are 1-4-0-0 this season on the road.
The Broncos (12-3-1-0) are coming off a 6-4 victory last night in Saskatoon over the Blades; it was the second straight victory for the Broncos. Swift Current once again receive a goal from Tyler Steenbergen. The Broncos boast the top two scorers in the WHL, Steenbergen (41 points) and Aleksi Heponiemi (40 points).
Tonight is the third meeting of the season between the Hurricanes and the Broncos; Swift Current has won the prior two by a combined 12-6 in the season series. Jordy Bellerive leads all ‘Canes scorers in the first two games with four points (2g-2a) while Steenbergen leads the Broncos with seven points (6g-1a).
You can listen to the game live on 106.7 ROCK with Dustin Forbes beginning at 5:45pm MT.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (8) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (16) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (23) – Giorgio Estephan
PIMS (23) – Tanner Nagel Plus/Minus (+3) – Three Players
Wins (7) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (1) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.898) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.48) – Stuart Skinner
– Jordy Bellerive has points 11 straight games (7g-11a); 13 of 14 games (8g-13a); 14 of 16 games (8g-14a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 straight games (1g-3a); 12 of 15 games (4g-13a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 3 straight games (1g-2a); 8 of 9 games (6g-3a); 9 of 11 games (6g-4a)
– Josh Tarzwell has points in 4 of 5 games (2g-2a); 5 of 8 games (2g-3a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-1a); 4 of 6 games (2g-3a)
– Egor Zudilov has points in 3 of 6 games (2g-3a); 4 of 8 games (3g-3a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 4 of 6 games (3g-4a); 11 of 15 games (6g-15a); 12 of 17 games (7g-16a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 6 of 7 games (4g-4a); 9 of 11 games (6g-6a); 10 of 13 games (7g-6a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 6 of 10 games (6g-2a); 8 of 13 games (6g-4a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 23rd in WHL Scoring with 23 points & tied for 13th in WHL Assists with 16
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 8th in WHL Power Play Goals with 5 & tied 18th in WHL Power Play Assists with 7
– Calen Addison tied 5th in WHL Power Play Assists with 9
– Calen Addison is tied 7th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 18 points
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 28th in WHL Scoring with 22 points & is tied 37th in WHL Goals with 8
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 15th in WHL Power Play Goals with 4 & tied 31st in WHL Power Play Assists with 6
– Dylan Cozens is tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 13 points & tied 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 7
– Dylan Cozens is tied 46th in WHL Goals with 7
– Stuart Skinner is 4th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 894 & tied 2nd in Games Played with 16
– Stuart Skinner is 3rd in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 460 & 3rd in WHL Shots Faced with 512
– Stuart Skinner is tied 8th in WHL Wins with 7 & tied 2nd in WHL Losses with 8
– Brennan Riddle is 6 games away from 200 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 25 games away from 300 career games
– Igor Merezhko is 5 games away from 150 career games
– Zane Franklin is 14 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 19 wins away from 100 career victories
– Brent Kisio is 5 wins away from 100 career victories