GAME DAY: Hurricanes Make Final Trip to Alberta Capital
Red Deer, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a two-game mid-week road trip tonight at 7:00pm in Edmonton against the Oil Kings at ROGERS Place.
The Hurricanes (32-30-6-0) are riding a five-game losing streak after suffering a 5-3 loss on Saturday at the ENMAX Centre against the Regina Pats. Brad Morrison scored twice while Calen Addison scored for the second straight game in the loss. The ‘Canes enter play tonight on a three-game road losing streak and have posted a 13-18-2-0 record away from home this season. The Hurricanes sit one point away from clinching home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
The Oil Kings (20-41-6-2) enter after earning a 4-3 overtime victory on Sunday at home against the Kootenay Ice. Conner McDonald, Trey Fix-Wolansky and Brett Kemp scored in regulation while Wyatt McLeod netted the overtime winner for the Oil Kings. Edmonton has won two of their last three home games. They sit last in the entire WHL with 48 points on the year.
Tonight will be the final of six meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Oil Kings; Lethbridge has posted a 3-1-1-0 record this year and are 12-3-2-0 over the last three seasons against Edmonton.
Tonight’s game can be heard on 106.7 ROCK or watched at Browns Socialhouse in Lethbridge.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (44) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (52) – Calen Addison
Points (90) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (101) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+22) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (37) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.909) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.13) – Logan Flodell
– Calen Addison has points in 3 straight games (2g-1a); 5 of 7 games (2g-6a); 30 of 50 games (7g-42a)
– Brad Morrison has points in 3 straight games (2g-2a); 5 of 7 games (4g-3a); 23 of 29 games (17g-23a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a); 5 of 8 games (4g-2a); 33 of 50 games (21g-28a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 8 games (5g-1a); 9 of 13 games (7g-5a); 23 of 37 games (18g-17a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 7 of 11 games (1g-6a); 9 of 18 games (2g-7a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 4 of 9 games (1g-4a); 7 of 15 games (2g-7a); 15 of 31 games (6g-14a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 8 games (2g-5a); 10 of 15 games (7g-11a); 52 of 66 (42g-45a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 5 games (4a); 4 of 8 games (5a); 7 of 16 (1g-9a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 of 7 games (4a); 6 of 11 games (8a); 7 of 13 games (1g-8a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 13th in WHL Scoring with 90 points & is tied 8th in WHL Goals with 44
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 6th in WHL Power Play Goals with 16 & tied 16th in WHL Power Play Assists with 23
– Calen Addison is tied 10th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 62 points & tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 34
– Calen Addison is 22nd in WHL Assists with 52
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 51 points & 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 22
– Logan Flodell is 3rd in WHL Games Played with 58 & 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 3294
– Logan Flodell is 3rd in WHL Shots Faced with 1892 & 2nd in WHL Saves with 1720
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Wins with 37 & 6th in Shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 5 points away from 100 career points
– Igor Merezhko is 5 games away from 200 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 18 points away from 200 career points
– Keltie Jeri-Leon is 3 games away from 100 career games
– Brad Morrison is 1 assist away from 150 career assists
– Owen Blocker is 2 games away from 100 career games