GAME DAY: Hurricanes Play Final Home Game Before Christmas Against Oil Kings
Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes play their final home game before the Christmas break tonight at 7:00pm as they welcome the Edmonton Oil Kings to the ENMAX Centre.
The Hurricanes (14-13-1-0) are coming off a 4-0 shutout victory over the Red Deer Rebels on Wednesday night. Stuart Skinner made 21 saves for his third shutout of the season and ninth career. Egor Zudilov, Ty Prefontaine, Koletrane Wilson and Taylor Ross scored the goals. The ‘Canes enter on a three game winning streak and have won seven of their last eight games.
The Oil Kings (6-19-3-0) are coming off a 4-3 overtime loss last night to the Moose Jaw Warriors. Overagers Colton Kehler and Tomas Soustal each had a goal and an assist in the losing cause. Edmonton enters last place in the WHL standings and has posted a 1-13-1-0 record in their last 15 games.
Tonight is the fourth meeting of the season between the Hurricanes and Oil Kings; ‘Canes own a 2-1-0-0 record against Edmonton after a 7-2 win at Rogers Place on Sunday.
Tonight is also Ugly Christmas Sweater Night and KiSS 107.7 Toy Mountain Night. In addition, there will be full team autographs following the game.
Tickets for tonight’s game can be purchased online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (17) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (29) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (42) – Giorgio Estephan
PIMS (34) – Igor Merezhko Plus/Minus (+13) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (12) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (3) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.904) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.29) – Stuart Skinner
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 3 straight games (1g-9a); 5 of 7 (4g-11a); 10 of 16 games (9g-17a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 3 straight games (2g-4a); 9 of 10 games (9g-7a); 23 of 27 (16g-21a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 2 straight games (3g)
– Igor Merezhko has points in 2 straight games (2a); 3 of 5 games (3a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a); 5 of 8 games (3g-3a); 7 of 13 games (4g-4a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-2a) 7 of 10 games (1g-8a); 15 of 20 games (7g-13a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 2 of 3 games (3g-1a)
– Koletrane Wilson has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a)
– Calen Addison has points in 6 of 8 games (2g-12a); 9 of 14 games (3g-15a)
– Josh Tarzwell has points in 5 of 8 games (1g-6a); 9 of 16 games (3g-8a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 11th in WHL Scoring with 42 points & tied for 7th in WHL Assists with 29
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 5th in WHL Power Play Goals with 9 & tied 16th in WHL Power Play Assists with 11
– Calen Addison is tied 5th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 32 points & tied 1st in WHL PP Assists with 19
– Calen Addison is 10th in WHL Assists with 26
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 15th in WHL Scoring with 39 points & is tied 18th in WHL Goals with 17
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 8th in WHL Power Play Goals with 8 & tied 16th in WHL Power Play Assists with 11
– Dylan Cozens is tied 4th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 21 points & tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Goals with 8
– Stuart Skinner is 5th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 1349 & tied 3rd in Games Played with 24
– Stuart Skinner is 4th in WHL Shots Faced with 767 & 5th in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 693
– Stuart Skinner is tied 6th in WHL Wins with 12 & tied 3rd in WHL Losses with 11 & 2nd in shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 5 games away from 100 career games
– Ty Prefontaine is 9 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 14 games away from 300 career games
– Jake Elmer is 8 games away from 100 career games
– Zane Franklin is 3 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 14 wins away from 100 career victories