GAME DAY: Hurricanes Play Matinee Game in Cranbrook
Cranbrook, BC – The Lethbridge Hurricanes conclude a three-game road trip this afternoon in Cranbrook as they face the Kootenay Ice at 2:00pm at Western Financial Place.
The Hurricanes (25-23-6-0) have dropped back-to-back games on this road trip having been handed losses in Moose Jaw on Friday and in Regina on Saturday. The ‘Canes were downed 4-2 by the Pats on Saturday; Logan Barlage and Brad Morrison scored the goals in the losing cause, both on the power play. The ‘Canes penalty kill was outstanding killing nine of ten penalties issued. The ‘Canes sit second in the Central Division with 56 points.
The ICE (24-29-3-0) sit five points back of the Hurricanes in the Central Division standings but have played two more games. Kootenay enters having been handed a 6-0 setback on Saturday in Moose Jaw against the Warriors. The Ice have posted a 1-6-0-0 record in their last seven games, including a 1-3-0-0 East Division road trip last week. Kootenay has a 14-11-2-0 record this season on home ice.
Tonight will be the fifth of seven meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and Ice and the first of three head-to-head match-ups this week between the two. Lethbridge has posted a 3-1-0-0 record against Kootenay this year but the Ice earned a 7-3 in the last meeting on January 23rd in Cranbrook.
Tune in starting at 1:45pm on 106.7 ROCK or watch the game at Browns Socialhouse.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (37) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (43) – Calen Addison
Points (73) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (70) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+16) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (31) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.911) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.05) – Logan Flodell
– Dylan Cozens has points in 6 straight games (5g-8a); 8 of 11 games (6g-9a); 25 of 37 games (15g-23a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 7 of 8 games (7g-2a); 10 of 12 games (11g-4a); 42 of 52 (35g-35a)
– Brad Morrison has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-4a); 10 of 12 games (4g-13a); 13 of 16 games (8g-16a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 4 games (3a); 11 of 20 games (15a); 22 of 38 games (4g-33a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-1a); 3 of 7 games (1g-2a); 4 of 10 games (1g-3a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 4 of 7 games (2g-4a); 7 of 12 games (3g-7a); 9 of 18 games (4g-8a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 4 of 7 games (6a); 6 of 12 games (2g-8a); 14 of 30 games (6g-14a)
– Tate Olson has points in 2 of 5 games (1g-3a); 4 of 11 games (2g-5a); 6 of 18 games (2g-5a)
– Keltie Jeri-Leon has points in 5 of 10 games (4g-3a); 6 of 13 games (5g-3a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 7 of 10 games (4g-6a); 10 of 17 games (7g-10a); 14 of 23 games (11g-12a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 14th in WHL Scoring with 73 points & is tied 9th in WHL Goals with 37
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 3rd in WHL Power Play Goals with 15 & tied 18th in WHL Power Play Assists with 18
– Calen Addison is tied 10th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 50 points & tied 2nd in WHL PP Assists with 29
– Calen Addison is 19th in WHL Assists with 43
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 39 points & tied 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 16
– Logan Flodell is 3rd in WHL Games Played with 47 & 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 2722
– Logan Flodell is 3rd in WHL Shots Faced with 1562 & 3rd in WHL Saves with 1423
– Logan Flodell is tied 1st in WHL Wins with 31 & 4th in Shutouts with 3
– Tate Olson is 5 games away from 300 career games
– Taylor Ross is 2 games away from 150 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 11 assists away from 100 career assists
– Jordy Bellerive is 12 games away from 100 games
– Brad Morrison is 5 points away from 250 career points
– Logan Flodell is 3 games away from 150 career games