GAME DAY: Hurricanes Visit Red Hot Wheat Kings
Brandon, MB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes will look to snap a three game losing streak tonight as they play their second to last game before the Christmas break in Brandon against the Wheat Kings.
The Hurricanes (14-15-2-0) are coming off a 3-2 loss on Wednesday in Prince Albert to the Raiders. The ‘Canes received a pair of goals from Jake Elmer and 29 saves from Reece Klassen in the losing cause. The ‘Canes enter on a three game losing streak having dropped games to the Raiders, Saskatoon Blades and Edmonton Oil Kings. Tonight will be the ‘Canes 15th road game of the season having posted a 5-9-0-0 record so far this year.
The Wheat Kings (23-7-0-1) enter riding a season-long nine game winning streak after picking up a 3-2 win on Tuesday over the Kamloops Blazers. The Wheaties sit third in the East Division but they are also third overall in the entire Western Hockey League. Brandon has posted an impressive 14-2-0-1 at home this season; they are tied with Moose Jaw for the most home ice victories so far this season.
Tonight is the second of four meetings on the season between the ‘Canes and Wheat Kings, Brandon took the first match up by a 5-1 score on December 1st at the ENMAX Centre.
Tune in on 106.7 ROCK beginning with the pregame show at 6:15pm Mountain Time.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (17) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (32) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (46) – Giorgio Estephan
PIMS (51) – Lane Zablocki Plus/Minus (+14) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (12) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (3) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.897) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.40) – Reece Klassen
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 straight games (4g-1a); 4 of 6 games (6g-1a); 6 of 10 games (8g-1a)
– Brendan Stafford has points in 2 straight games (2a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 4 of 5 games (4g-1a)
– Calen Addison has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-2a); 8 of 11 games (3g-15a); 11 of 17 games (4g-18a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a)
– Egor Zudilov has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 5 of 6 games (2g-12a); 7 of 10 (5g-14a); 12 of 19 games (10g-20a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 6 games (2g-5a); 10 of 13 games (9g-8a); 24 of 30 (16g-22a)
– Igor Merezhko has points in 4 of 5 games (1g-3a); 5 of 8 games (1g-4a)
– Koletrane Wilson has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-2a); 3 of 6 games (1g-3a); 4 of 9 games (1g-4a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 3 of 6 games (1g-2a); 6 of 11 games (3g-4a); 8 of 16 games (4g-5a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 3 of 6 games (2g-3a) 8 of 13 games (2g-9a); 16 of 23 games (8g-14a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 11th in WHL Scoring with 46 points & tied for 6th in WHL Assists with 32
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 7th in WHL Power Play Goals with 9 & tied 17th in WHL Power Play Assists with 12
– Calen Addison is tied 5th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 35 points & tied 1st in WHL PP Assists with 20
– Calen Addison is 10th in WHL Assists with 28
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 20th in WHL Scoring with 40 points & is tied 22nd in WHL Goals with 17
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 12th in WHL Power Play Goals with 8 & tied 21st in WHL Power Play Assists with 11
– Dylan Cozens is tied 5th in WHL Rookie Scoring with 23 points & tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Goals with 9
– Stuart Skinner is 6th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 1470 & tied 4th in Games Played with 26
– Stuart Skinner is 5th in WHL Shots Faced with 828 & 5th in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 743
– Stuart Skinner is tied 7th in WHL Wins with 12 & tied 2nd in WHL Losses with 12 & 2nd in shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 2 games away from 100 career games
– Ty Prefontaine is 6 games away from 100 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 11 games away from 300 career games
– Jake Elmer is 5 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 14 wins away from 100 career victories