GAME DAY: Hurricanes Visit Rockets at 8pm
Kelowna, BC – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a five game British Columbia road swing tonight as they make the first of two visits to Kelowna to face the Rockets.
The Hurricanes (7-10-1-0) enter on a six game losing streak after falling 6-0 in Swift Current to the Broncos last Saturday. It was the fourth straight game the ‘Canes have surrendered six goals in a game. The ‘Canes so far this season are 1-5-0-0 away from the ENMAX Centre.
The Rockets (11-6-2-1) are coming off a 5-2 victory on Tuesday over the Edmonton Oil Kings at Prospera Place. It was the Rockets third straight victory. Kelowna has posted a 7-3-0-1 record on home ice and have won six consecutive games on home ice.
Tonight will be the first of three meetings on the season between the ‘Canes and Rockets. The Hurricanes posted a 1-1-0-0 record last year in two games against the Rockets.
Tune in on 106.7 ROCK beginning at 7:45pm for the pre-game show with Dustin Forbes. You can also watch the game at Browns Socialhouse in Lethbridge.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (8) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (16) – Giorgio Estephan
Points (23) – Giorgio Estephan
PIMS (23) – Tanner Nagel & Jordy Bellerive Plus/Minus (+3) – Three Players
Wins (7) – Stuart Skinner Shutouts (1) – Stuart Skinner
Save % (.898) – Stuart Skinner Goals Against Average (3.48) – Stuart Skinner
– Jordy Bellerive has points 11 of 12 games (7g-11a); 13 of 15 games (8g-13a); 14 of 17 games (8g-14a)
– Calen Addison has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-3a); 12 of 16 games (4g-13a)
– Ryan Vandervlis has points in 3 of 4 games (1g-2a); 8 of 10 games (6g-3a); 9 of 12 games (6g-4a)
– Josh Tarzwell has points in 4 of 6 games (2g-2a); 5 of 9 games (2g-3a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 of 5 games (2g-1a); 4 of 7 games (2g-3a)
– Egor Zudilov has points in 3 of 7 games (2g-3a); 4 of 9 games (3g-3a)
– Giorgio Estephan has points in 4 of 7 games (3g-4a); 11 of 16 games (6g-15a); 12 of 18 games (7g-16a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 6 of 7 games (4g-4a); 9 of 11 games (6g-6a); 10 of 13 games (7g-6a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 6 of 11 games (6g-2a); 8 of 14 games (6g-4a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 35th in WHL Scoring with 23 points & tied for 22nd in WHL Assists with 16
– Giorgio Estephan is tied 12th in WHL Power Play Goals with 5 & tied 26th in WHL Power Play Assists with 7
– Calen Addison tied 8th in WHL Power Play Assists with 9
– Calen Addison is tied 11th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 18 points
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 42nd in WHL Scoring with 22 points & is tied 48th in WHL Goals with 8
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 19th in WHL Power Play Goals with 4 & tied 34th in WHL Power Play Assists with 6
– Dylan Cozens is tied 3rd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 13 points & tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Goals with 7
– Dylan Cozens is tied 61st in WHL Goals with 7
– Stuart Skinner is 8th in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 894 & tied 6th in Games Played with 16
– Stuart Skinner is 6th in WHL Saves by a Goaltender with 460 & 6th in WHL Shots Faced with 512
– Stuart Skinner is tied 11th in WHL Wins with 7 & tied 4th in WHL Losses with 8
– Brennan Riddle is 5 games away from 200 career games
– Giorgio Estephan is 24 games away from 300 career games
– Igor Merezhko is 4 games away from 150 career games
– Jadon Joseph is 16 games away from 100 career games
– Zane Franklin is 13 games away from 100 career games
– Stuart Skinner is 19 wins away from 100 career victories
– Brent Kisio is 5 wins away from 100 career victories