Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin the final weekend of the regular season tonight as they welcome the Medicine Hat Tigers at the ENMAX Centre at 7:00pm in the first of a season-ending home-and-home set with their Highway 3 rivals.
The Hurricanes (32-32-6-0) enter on a seven game losing streak after suffering a 5-2 loss in Red Deer on Wednesday to the Rebels. Zane Franklin snapped a 26-game goalless drought in the loss while Jake Elmer potted his 18th goal of the season. The Hurricanes enter play tonight with a 19-12-4-0 record on home ice and are one point away from clinching home ice advantage for their first round playoff match-up against the Rebels.
The Tigers (35-27-8-0) come into play on a two game losing streak after suffering a 3-1 setback against the Calgary Hitmen on Tuesday night. Medicine Hat clinched the Central Division regular season crown last weekend marking back-to-back years they’ve finished first in the division. Medicine Hat has posted a 14-17-4-0 record on the road this season.
Tonight is the Hurricanes annual ‘Jersey’s Off Our Backs’ night as they will auction off the game-worn red jerseys following the game. It is also the Murray Chevrolet ‘Stuff the Silverado’ night as fans are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item in hopes of filling the back of a Chevy Silverado; all food collected will be donated to the Lethbridge and Interfaith Food Banks.
Tickets for tonight’s game can be purchased online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (44) – Jordy Bellerive Assists (53) – Calen Addison
Points (90) – Jordy Bellerive
PIMS (103) – Matthew Stanley Plus/Minus (+21) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (37) – Logan Flodell Shutouts (3) – Logan Flodell
Save % (.908) – Logan Flodell Goals Against Average (3.17) – Logan Flodell
– Brad Morrison has points in 5 straight games (2g-4a); 7 of 9 games (4g-5a); 25 of 31 games (17g-25a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 3 straight games (1g-2a); 9 of 14 games (3g-10a)
– Jadon Joseph has points in 2 straight games (1g-1a); 6 of 11 games (2g-5a); 17 of 33 games (7g-15a)
– Calen Addison has points in 4 of 5 games (2g-2a); 6 of 9 games (2g-7a); 31 of 52 games (7g-43a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-1a); 5 of 9 games (4g-2a); 33 of 51 games (21g-28a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 5 of 9 games (5g-1a); 9 of 14 games (7g-5a); 23 of 37 games (18g-17a)
– Ty Prefontaine has points in 7 of 13 games (1g-6a); 9 of 20 games (2g-7a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 10 games (2g-5a); 10 of 17 games (7g-11a); 52 of 68 (42g-45a)
– Zane Franklin has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a); 5 of 13 games (1g-4a)
– Tate Olson has points in 3 of 5 games (4a); 4 of 8 games (5a); 7 of 16 (1g-9a)
2017-2018 REGULAR SEASON LEADERS:
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 13th in WHL Scoring with 90 points & is tied 8th in WHL Goals with 44
– Jordy Bellerive is tied 6th in WHL Power Play Goals with 16 & tied 17th in WHL Power Play Assists with 23
– Calen Addison is tied 9th in WHL Defenseman Scoring with 63 points & tied 3rd in WHL PP Assists with 35
– Calen Addison is 20th in WHL Assists with 53
– Dylan Cozens is tied 2nd in WHL Rookie Scoring with 51 points & 1st in WHL Rookie Goals with 22
– Logan Flodell is 2nd in WHL Games Played with 59 & 2nd in WHL Minutes by a Goaltender with 3354
– Logan Flodell is 2nd in WHL Shots Faced with 1927 & 2nd in WHL Saves with 1750
– Logan Flodell is 1st in WHL Wins with 37 & 6th in Shutouts with 3
– Calen Addison is 4 points away from 100 career points
– Igor Merezhko is 3 games away from 200 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 18 points away from 200 career points
– Keltie Jeri-Leon is 2 games away from 100 career games