The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club is committed to being a landmark in the community of Lethbridge and the surrounding area. This on-going commitment is demonstrated each and every day through the numerous activities and charities we support.
The Hockey Club is proud to support a wide range of registered and not-for-profit groups through special events and programs including but not limited to: The Annual Hurricanes Sports Celebrity Dinner and Auction, the Hurricanes Teddy Bear Toss and the Hurricanes Positive Role Models Program. Through programs such as these, the Hurricanes have totaled well over a quarter million dollars in community donations over the past five seasons to various local charities.
We are very proud to have supported groups such as:
– CIBC Run for the Cure Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
– Kidney Foundation of Canada
– Canadian Cancer Society
– Southern Alberta Minor Hockey
– Lethbridge College Kodiaks
– Lethbridge Minor Hockey Association
– University of Lethbridge Pronghorns
– The Boys and Girls Club of Lethbridge
– The Lethbridge Food Bank and the Lethbridge Interfaith Food Bank
– The United Way of Lethbridge
– The Chinook Hospital Foundation
– The Children’s Make A Wish Foundation
– Streets Alive and many more worthwhile causes!
In order to better manage the overwhelming number of donation requests, we will require that requests be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the event or deadline. The letter of request will then be reviewed and if your application is approved you will be contacted at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Local charitable organizations must submit 60 days prior to event/requirement indicating the DATE of the event.
- Only approved requests will be contacted
- Submitting a request does not guarantee that you will receive a donation as resources are limited.
- In order to help the greatest number of people, the Lethbridge Hurricanes will only support each organization once per year.
- Autographed merchandise is given out at the discretion of our Public Relations department and not every item given away will be autographed.
- It should be noted that recognized non-profit groups are all eligible to purchase a team autographed player jersey to be used for a raffle or silent auction prize.
- Donations are at the discretion of the Lethbridge Hurricanes
To apply for a donation for your not-for-profit group please e-mail your written donation request letter to Dustin.
Once again, have your request to us in writing at least 60 days prior to the event/requirement. Only approved applicants will be contacted, at least 2 weeks prior to the stated date.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATION REQUESTS OVER THE PHONE
You may also mail your request on official letterhead of the beneficiary to:
Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club
2, 2510 Scenic Drive South
FUN’DRAISING with the Hurricanes
If you are a team, tournament, school or group we encourage you to participate in the Hurricanes new incentive Ticket Fun’draising program. For more information on how you can Fun’draise with the Hurricanes be sure to contact the Hurricanes sales department at (403) 328-1986