Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a stretch of three straight games on the road tonight as they visit the Calgary Hitmen at 7:00pm at Scotiabank Saddledome.
The Hurricanes (6-4-1-2) are coming off a 2-1 victory on Tuesday over the Brandon Wheat Kings at the ENMAX Centre. Jadon Joseph and Taylor Ross scored in the win while Carl Tetachuk made 34 saves for his first WHL victory. The Hurricanes enter tonight’s game having won two straight games and have posted a 3-0-1-1 record in their last five games.
The Hitmen (4-7-2-0) were handed a 3-1 setback in Red Deer on Tuesday; Egor Zamula scored the lone goal. Calgary has posted a 4-2-1-0 record in their last seven games which dates back to a 6-5 victory over the Hurricanes at Scotiabank Saddledome on October 12th. The Hitmen have won five straight games against the ‘Canes dating back to last year.
Tonight’s game can be heard on 106.7 ROCK or viewed at Browns Socialhouse in Lethbridge.
VS. HITMEN: Tonight will be the second of six meetings on the season between the Hurricanes and the Hitmen. Calgary earned a 6-5 win against Lethbridge at Scotiabank Saddledome two Friday’s ago. The Hurricanes have dropped five straight game against the Hitmen dating back to last season.
REGULAR SEASON SERIES: TOP 5 HURRICANES SCORERS
October 12th/2018 – at Calgary (6-5 CAL) Dylan Cozens – 7G, 10A – 17 points
October 26th/2018 – at Calgary Jordy Bellerive – 7G, 9A – 16 points
November 9th/2018 – at Lethbridge Taylor Ross – 9G, 5A – 14 points
December 16th/2018 – at Calgary Jake Elmer – 8G, 5A – 13 points
February 13th/2019 – at Lethbridge Calen Addison – 1G, 12A – 13 points
March 9th/2019 – at Lethbridge
2018-2019 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (9) – Taylor Ross Assists (12) – Calen Addison
Points (17) – Dylan Cozens
PIMS (19) – Ty Kolle Plus/Minus (+8) – Igor Merezhko
Wins (5) – Reece Klassen Shutouts (0) – N/A
Save % (.909) – Carl Tetachuk Goals Against Average (2.75) – Carl Tetachuk
– Jadon Joseph has points in 7 straight games (5g-5a); 8 of 11 games (5g-6a)
– Logan Barlage has points in 4 straight games (2g-2a); 7 of 8 games (5g-3a); 9 of 12 games (6g-4a)
– Igor Merezhko has points in 3 straight games (3a); 7 of 9 games (9a)
– Calen Addison has points in 2 straight games (2a); 4 of 5 games (6a); 8 of 13 games (1g-12a)
– Taylor Ross has points in 2 straight games (2g-1a); 4 of 5 games (5g-1a); 9 of 13 games (9g-5a)
– Jordy Bellerive has points in 4 of 5 games (3g-3a); 10 of 13 games (7g-9a)
– Dylan Cozens has points in 3 of 4 games (2g-3a); 9 of 13 games (7g-10a)
– Zach Cox has points in 2 of 3 games (1g-1a); 3 of 6 games (2g-1a)
– Justin Hall has points in 2 of 3 games (3a)
– Jake Elmer has points in 6 of 8 games (5g-4a); 9 of 12 games (8g-5a)
– Jackson Shepard has points in 2 of 4 games (3a); 7 of 13 games (9a)
– Keltie Jeri-Leon has points in 2 of 5 games (1g-2a); 6 of 11 games (3g-4a)
– Nolan Jones has points in 2 of 4 games (1g-2a)
– Calen Addison is 2 games away from 150 career games
– Calen Addison is 10 assists away from 100 career assists
– Ty Prefontaine is 23 games away from 150 career games
– Taylor Ross is 22 games away from 200 career games
– Taylor Ross is 20 points away from 100 career points
– Ty Kolle is 14 games away from 100 career games
– Jordy Bellerive is 9 goals away from 100 career goals
– Jake Elmer is 1 game away from 150 career games
– Logan Barlage is 13 games away from 100 career games
– Koletrane Wilson is 28 games away from 100 career games
NEWS & NOTES:
A Bakers Dozen: The ‘Canes have opened the 2018-2019 regular season with a 6-4-1-2 record after 13 games. The ‘Canes have earned two wins against the Medicine Hat Tigers, two against the Regina Pats and one against the Kootenay Ice and one against the Brandon Wheat Kings. After 13 games last year, the ‘Canes were 7-6-0-0.
5 Straight: The Hurricanes have collected at least a single point in each of their last five games having posted a 3-0-1-1 record in that span. The ‘Canes have added a point in seven of eight games with a 4-1-1-2. Overall, Lethbridge has posted a 6-4-1-2 record on the season.
200 Club: Hurricanes captain Jordy Bellerive recorded his 200th WHL point on Saturday, October 20th against the Medicine Hat Tigers. The North Vancouver product has 200 career points (91g-109a) along with 263 penalty minutes in 219 regular season games. Bellerive is the 20th Hurricane in franchise history to reach the 200-point plateau. He sits three points back of Cam Braes for 19th in all-time ‘Canes scoring.
Division Heavy: The ‘Canes are in a stretch where they will play nine of 12 games against Central Division oppositions. The ‘Canes will play the Edmonton Oil Kings and Calgary Hitmen each three times, the Medicine Hat Tigers twice and the Kootenay Ice once in that span. The ‘Canes are 3-2-1-0 against Central Division teams this season after going 19-11-2-0 last season.