Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes begin a short two-game homestand tonight as they welcome the Edmonton Oil Kings at 7:00pm to the ENMAX Centre.
The Hurricanes (2-0-0-0) are coming off a 4-1 victory Sunday at Scotiabank Saddledome over the Calgary Hitmen. Yegor Klavdiev scored twice, including the game-winner, while Logan Barlage and Chase Wheatcroft added the others in the victory. Bryan Thomson made 40-saves in the win. It’s the first time since 2010-2011 that the ‘Canes have started the season 2-0-0-0.
The Oil Kings (1-1-0-0) enter having suffered a 4-1 loss on Saturday in Red Deer against the Rebels. The game marked the return of Dylan Guenther to the Edmonton line-up as he registered an assist on a Jakub Demek power play goal. The three-time defending Central Division champions begin a three-game road trip tonight.
Tonight’s game can be streamed on WHL Live at www.watch.chl.ca and broadcast live on 106.7 ROCK. Tickets for tonight’s game can be purchased at the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre, the Yates Memorial Theatre Ticket Centre, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or online at www.lethbridgehurricanes.com.
All patrons will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or negative, privately paid for COVID test prior to entry to the ENMAX Centre and must wear a mask at all times in the facility, except when eating or drinking.
DOWNLOAD GAME NOTES/STATS HERE: 10-06-2021 – LET vs. EDM
VS. OIL KINGS: Tonight will be the first of eight meetings this season between the Hurricanes and Oil Kings. Lethbridge posted a 1-4-1-0 record in six meetings during the 2020-2021 campaign against Edmonton. The ‘Canes have posted an all-time record of 39-39-4-2 in 84 regular season games against the Oil Kings while going 21-17-2-2 all-time at home against Edmonton.
2021-2022 REGULAR SEASON SERIES 2020-2021 REGULAR SEASON SERIES:
October 6th/2021 – at Lethbridge February 26th/2021 – at Edmonton (7-1 EDM)
October 15th/2021 – at Edmonton February 27th/2021 – at Lethbridge (7-2 EDM)
November 2nd/2021 – at Edmonton April 15th/2021 – at Lethbridge (4-0 EDM)
November 26th/2021 – at Lethbridge April 17th/2021 – at Edmonton (6-5 SO LET)
January 16th/2022 – at Lethbridge April 18th/2021 – at Lethbridge (5-3 EDM)
January 30th/2022 – at Edmonton May 4th/2021 – at Edmonton (3-2 OT EDM)
March 25th/2022 – at Lethbridge
March 27th/2022 – at Edmonton
2021-2022 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (3) – Noah Boyko Assists (4) – Justin Hall
Points (5) – Justin Hall
PIMS (4) – Logan Barlage Plus/Minus (+6) – Nolan Bentham
Wins (2) – Bryan Thomson Shutouts (0) – N/A
Save % (.964) – Bryan Thomson Goals Against Average (1.50) – Bryan Thomson
WHO’S HOT (DATING BACK TO LAST SEASON):
– Ty Nash has points in 6 straight games (3g-4a); 9 of 10 games (3g-7a); 11 of 15 games (4g-9a)
– Logan McCutcheon has points in 3 straight games (1g-2a); 4 of 5 games (1g-3a); 12 of 17 games (2g-10a)
– Chase Wheatcroft has points in 3 straight games (3g-3a); 4 of 5 games (5g-3a); 11 of 15 games (7g-8a)
– Logan Barlage has points in 2 straight games (2g-); 5 of 8 games (5g-2a); 9 of 14 games (7g-8a)
– Alex Thacker has points in 2 straight games (1g-3a); 4 of 7 games (2g-4a)
– Joe Arntsen has points in 2 of 5 games (4a)
– Justin Hall has points in 5 of 9 games (1g-8a); 10 of 17 games (7g-14a)
– Jett Jones has points in 4 of 6 games (3g-2a)
– Noah Boyko has points in 5 of 11 games (8g-2a)
– Trevor Thurston has points in 3 of 7 games (3g-2a)
REGULAR SEASON MILESTONE WATCH:
– Nolan Bentham is 46 games away from 100 career games
– Joe Arntsen is 32 games away from 100 career games
– Justin Hall is 32 games away from 150 career games
– Justin Hall is 23 points away from 100 career points
– Jett Jones is 11 games away from 100 career games
– Noah Boyko is 20 games away from 150 career games
– Alex Thacker is 9 games away from 100 career games
– Ty Nash is 15 games away from 100 career games
– Chase Wheatcroft is 16 games away from 100 career games
– Logan Barlage is 30 games away from 250 career games
– Logan Barlage is 11 points away from 150 career points
– Logan Barlage is 13 assists away from 100 career assists
– Alex Cotton is 4 games away from 150 career games
– Alex Cotton is 25 assists away from 100 career assists
– Bryan Thomson is 6 games away from 50 career games.