Lethbridge, AB – The Lethbridge Hurricanes welcome the Edmonton Oil Kings in the Dairy Queen Home Opener tonight at 6:00pm MT at the ENMAX Centre in the first of 12-home games this season.
The Hurricanes (0-1-0-0) were downed 7-1 last night in Edmonton. Noah Boyko scored the lone ‘Canes goal on the power play 25-seconds into the second period. Carl Tetachuk made 40-saves in the losing cause. Lethbridge went 1/8 on the power play while totaling 27-shots on goal.
The Oil Kings (1-0-0-0) were led by sophomore forward Dylan Guenther who had two goals and two assists in the 7-1 win over the Hurricanes a night ago. Five other goal scorers lit the lamp while Sebastian Cossa made 26-saves in the victory. Oil Kings went 2/5 on the man advantage.
Tonight will be the first game at the ENMAX Centre since February 29, 2020 – a span of 363 days. It will be the second of a back-to-back, home-and-home and the second of six meetings this season between the Hurricanes and Oil Kings. Lethbridge won both meetings against Edmonton at home in 2019-2020, both in a shootout.
Tonight’s game can be streamed on the all-new WHL Live on CHL TV at www.watch.chl.ca, viewed at Browns Socialhouse in Lethbridge or broadcast live on 106.7 ROCK and www.1067rock.ca.
DOWNLOAD GAME NOTES/STATS HERE: 02-27 – LET vs EDM
VS. EDMONTON OIL KINGS: Tonight will be the second of back-to-back meetings between the Hurricanes and Oil Kings to begin the shortened season. Lethbridge and Edmonton will face off six times this season. Lethbridge is 0-1-0-0 against Edmonton so far this season. Last year, the ‘Canes posted a 3-1-0-0 record in the four games they played, including a 2-0-0-0 record at the ENMAX Centre with both wins in a shootout Over the last five seasons, the Hurricanes have posted a 17-10-2-0 record against Edmonton while going 38-36-2-3 all-time against the Oil Kings.
2019-2020 REGULAR SEASON SERIES:
September 29th/2019 – at Edmonton (5-2 LET)
November 8th/2019 – at Lethbridge (4-3 SO LET)
February 17th/2020 – at Edmonton (5-3 EDM)
February 28th/2020 – at Lethbridge (5-4 SO LET)
2020-2021 REGULAR SEASON STATS LEADERS:
Goals (1) – Noah Boyko Assists (1) – Alex Cotton & Logan Barlage
Points (1) – Noah Boyko, Alex Cotton & Logan Barlage
PIMS (4) – Alex Thacker Plus/Minus (+43) – Ty Prefontaine
Wins (0) – N/A Shutouts (0) – N/A
Save % (.851) – Carl Tetachuk Goals Against Average (7.00) – Carl Tetachuk
WHO’S HOT (Dating Back to Last Year):
– Alex Cotton has points in 3 straight games (2g-1a); 6 of 9 (2g-7a)
– Mitch Prowse has points in 3 of 4 games (3a); 8 of 15 (1g-10a)
– Alex Thacker has points in 4 of 11 games (1g-4a); 8 of 15 (1g-8a)
– Ty Nash has points 3 of 11 games (2g-2a); 8 of 20 (4g-5a)
– Chase Wheatcroft has points in 6 of 13 games (1g-5a)
– Logan Barlage has points in 4 of 9 games (1g-6a)
– Trevor Thurston has points in 2 of 8 games (1g-2a)
– Dino Kambeitz has points in 2 of 8 games (2g-2a)
– Jett Jones has points in 4 of 11 games (1g-3a)
– Zack Stringer has points in 4 of 8 games (3g-1a)
REGULAR SEASON MILESTONE WATCH:
– Joe Arntsen is 6 games away from 50 career games
– Justin Hall is 5 points away from 50 career points
– Mitchell Prowse is 10 games away from 250 career games
– Mitchell Prowse is 19 points away from 100 career points
– Dino Kambeitz is 9 games away from 200 career games
– Dino Kambeitz is 28 points away from 100 career points
– Zack Stringer is 12 points away from 50 career points
– Noah Boyko is 9 points away from 50 career points
– Trevor Thurston is 3 games away from 50 career games
– Logan Barlage is 8 goals away from 50 career goals
– Logan Barlage is 24 assists away from 100 career assists
– Alex Cotton is 21 points away from 100 career points
– Carl Tetachuk is 21 games away from 100 career games
– Carl Tetachuk is 5 wins away from 50 career wins